Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter



So what do you think of this? This is a workshop in Germany that makes wooden bunnies for Easter (picture courtesy of Gawker). I think it is an awesomely weird and interesting picture. I still think "Rabbit Zombies" is the best label for it. Do you have another title?

I insist on buying eggs from free-range chickens at my local grocery stores, although they cost a little more coin. Big Guy is from the "an egg is an egg" school.

Comic Dimitri Martin had a thought on free-range chicken: he thinks one should buy only caged chickens. His reasoning: "A free-range chicken has dreams. That chicken may be planning to go back to college!"

Here's to chickens and eggs, and bunnies: wooden, chocolate and fluffy!

Most of all, here's to the children: hope the Easter Bunny left you lots of good things.

2 comments:

  1. Vooden hoppers..

    I'm with Steve, egg is an egg. I tried them all can't tell the difference. I think it's a scam. Although I have seen horrific documentaries of abusive overcrowded chicken farms. Just not right. But then if I were a free range chicken I'd probably tell you to squat your own egg. They probably free thinkers.

    My favorite part about Easter are stale peeps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a robin's egg woman myself. "Vooden hoppers" is very good. I loved this pic so much I had to post it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know your thoughts - no matter what they are. This is a Bully-Free Zone.