Saturday, October 10, 2009

Dodgers at Cards, Game 3

Why am I only live-blogging this series? I am loving the Yankees-Minnesota series. Have a convoluted 10th cousin 4x removed to the 2nd power tie to Minnesota. But I loves me some Jeter - well, who doesn't really? The most-talented, classiest player in beisbol. Plus, nom nom! Jeter's on my fantasy baseball team, if you catch my drift. In my fantasy league, I always win.

And, of course, along with the Cardinals, I've ALWAYS loved the Red Sox. I know, one cannot love both the Yankees and the Red Sox, except if you live in fly-over land. Ha! Back at ya, East Coast. I witnessed the sickening Bill Buckner error. Must...erase...bad image...from...mind...

One thing the Dodgers/Cards have is my 2 fantasy GMs: Tony LaRussa, the only lawyer who shouldn't be at the bottom of the sea; and Joe Torre, former catcher (my fantasy position -- in baseball) he of the aforementioned stupid decision by the Steinbrenners. Too young to see Joe Torre catch, but I watched him coach the Cardinals in the playoffs in the 70's. I also remember how pissed off I was when the Cardinals fired him, until I saw how hot Tony LaRussa was!

This is not going well: Dodgers up 3-0 in 3rd inning. Ever notice how in football everything is bold, aggressive Roman numerals, but cooled-out, pastoral baseball prefers the more American Arabic characters. Yes I said it: American Arabic; just shows how chill baseball is. Super Bowl III vs 3rd Inning.

Cardinal bats are silent. Dear Lord, PLEASE don't let the Dodgers get in the series over the Cards -- especially not in a sweep! Because, you know, the Higher Power loves baseball.

Okay, this is too depressing. I'm going to make lasagna for supper. Maybe that will change their luck.

***************************

Okay, my bad, bad bad. 4th game. Dodgers swept Cards. Good on Joe Torre!

Clearly, I am in denial that this is the end for STL.

That is all. For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts - no matter what they are. This is a Bully-Free Zone.